IT Area Lead Retail Banking
Your role & work environment
A passionate and inspiring IT Area Lead is a true ambassador for the One Agile Way of Working. He/she will draw energy from creating an environment where people can reach their full potential and where squads have the confidence to take responsibility when it comes to their missions.
Your key responsibilities
The IT Area Lead is responsible for the IT maturity of multiple IT chapters in a Tribe, encourages sharing of knowledge amongst and between engineers in the respective squads and teams and places a great deal of value on creating an atmosphere in which everyone feels appreciated and heard, and above all in which everyone can take pleasure in their work. The IT Area Lead provides input for determining the IT strategy and applies that strategy to the chapters in the Tribe. In this process, he/she primarily focuses on the question of which developments and improvements are needed for his/her squads/teams.
1. Creating and safeguarding the 'new' culture
- The IT Area Lead contributes to good cooperation within his/her area of support.
- Has an active role in enabling the culture change. Is an ambassador for culture change and is a role model in terms of the new way of working: from 'an organization talking' to 'an organization doing'.
- Facilitates insights and actions from IT Chapter Leads to develop individuals and teams and maintain a high level of performance.
2. Achievement and management of IT maturity
- The IT Area Lead has management responsibility for the IT Chapter Leads and the implementation of the strategic IT agenda within his/her area of support.
- Has explicit responsibility for the overall IT maturity in his/her area of support
- Translates the ‘how’ from the IT Lead strategy into the applications for the Tribe.
- Is highly proficient at identifying market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends.
- Is the driving force behind IT improvements
3. Development and facilitation in the hierarchical line
- Encourages IT Chapter Leads to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so they stay up-to-date in their field at all times.
- Discusses with the IT Chapter Leads the high-level development needs for the engineers and, where needed, takes action to better facilitate engineers in accomplishing their mission.
As the IT Area Lead Retail banking you are responsible for :
- Assisting the Tribe Lead(s) (TL) of the retail organization in the leadership of the tribe(s)
- Ensuring the delivery of the IT-solutions required for the success of the tribe(s)
- Ensuring the fulfillment of all non-functional requirements (e.g. availability, performance, security, compliance, …) of all IT systems belonging to the tribe(s) on behalf of the TL
- Building the capabilities and maturity of the IT professionals in the IT chapters through the Chapter Leads (CL)
- Managing the relevant stakeholders and parties within CZ
- Managing the relevant units of the group (eg. Model Bank, IPC, TechPL, TechRO, …) to leverage their capabilities and orchestrate the service consumption
- Accountability as IT Custodian at tribe level
- Ownership of application related infrastructure assets of the tribe
- Transforming the Tech strategy (group and local level) to the tribe level and driving the implementation
- Contributing to ING’s global initiatives
- Contributing as a member of the Tech Management Team to the overall development and growth of the Tech domain
Proven track record and technical skills
- University Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science (or comparable), or equivalent in work experiences
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, preferably within a bank
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, both in Czech and English
- Strong interest in and ability to elaborate and to deliver solutions in an international environment
- Strong interest in and ability to contribute to the transformation and growth of ING
- Good fit to ING’s values and behaviors
KontaktING Česká republika